Saturday, September 17, 2011

Monster High shoes with plaster casting soles

It has been some time since I last made any doll shoes. This pair has remained unfinished since March, but I finally decided to finish it.

The soles are plaster castings made with latex moulds. I glued fabric on the sides of the soles and on top of the inner soles made of cardboard.

After gluing the straps in place, I glued the inner soles to the plaster castings and glued in place the outer soles made of leather.


olaaa78 said...

Your blog has inspired me to make my own dolly shoes and moulds. Thank you for sharing this all, your shoes are wonderful :)

Vanessa said...

So glad that you are back. Don't stay away so long next time!

Tarja said...

I probably would have been back earlier, if the summer hadn't been so hot. Lost 2.5 months to heat-induced lethargy. But now I'm back and I've got several new projects under way, which I'll be posting as soon as I finish them.