Tuesday, December 8, 2020

Painting resin soles

I have two more pairs of the soles I used for the stiletto heels. I like resin soles, because you can do so much more with them than with plaster castings, but the thing I'm not that fond of is the painting required. It took over a week to get these painted because enamel paints have such a long drying time.


Now I'm trying to decide the type of heels and the uppers for the yellow shoes. The black ones will have the uppers made of the black and silver material in the picture below. It's similar to the all silver material I used for the red shoes. I also found some fairly similar material last weekend (the red and gold ones in the photo), except a lot cheaper, 4 cm wide and 2 meters in a roll and only cost 1€ per roll. Of course I had to get some, although not for these shoes. I think the yellow ones will have something different for uppers.


The next problem is figuring out the heels. I have plenty of those round wooden sticks I used for the stiletto heels, but I want something different for these. Maybe using the sticks as a support inside and building something fancy around them. I guess it's time to go browsing my collection of shoe pictures to get ideas.

No comments: