Thursday, December 10, 2020

Variation of the stiletto heels

These shoes are made with similar resin soles as the red stiletto heels. The previous post shows the painting stage. I wanted different heels for these, but ended up using the same structure underneath. I don't remember what kind of glue I used for the red pair, but this time I used hot glue to secure the wooden sticks in place.


I painted the heels black, and while the paint was drying, I thought about different ways of using the plastic material also in the heels in addition to using it for the straps. I ended up with the structure below in which the bottom pieces are first glued in place around the heel and then the upper part.


Here are the finished shoes. The plastic parts of the heel are glued in place using hot glue, while the straps over the toe part are sewn in the similar way as in the red shoes. 



1 comment:

Terri said...

I wanted to let you know how much I've enjoyed reading your column over the years. I have a very old (50 years) large doll of soft vinyl that I cannot use you casting system for. However, with your inspiration, I still manages to make you a few pair of shoes, which she didn't have for at least 40 years-or whenever I lost them. Thank you, Terri G