Sunday, March 30, 2014

Saturday, March 29, 2014

Making a mold for heels using MoldMaker

The following video shows my attempt on making heels using a mold made of mold making clay and also an experiment on making a two-part mold with the clay.

By the way, the word "mould" or "mold" is really bugging me, because of the two ways of writing it. I have decided to stick with "mold" from now on as that is what I am using in the book and because the clay is called MoldMaker.

Sunday, March 23, 2014

Painting resin soles

The latest video is about painting resin soles. I'm painting a pair of Monster High soles with gold color and towards the end of the video I'm telling a bit about how the book project is going.

Sunday, March 16, 2014

Heels for Miss Piggy's boots

I finished the boots I was making for Miss Piggy. They were only missing the heels and the video below shows how I made them. It's a long one, because I didn't do the usual cuts for when I made the same steps for the other shoe.

Monday, March 10, 2014

Fixing the problem in the metal shoes

I have uploaded the second part about making the metal shoes. I figured out a way to fix things in a satisfactory manner, but although the video is really long, there is still more to do later.

Sunday, March 2, 2014

When everything goes wrong

The next video is now in YouTube and this time things didn't go as planned, because I was using new material. The first experiment with it was a tunic for a Monster High Create A Monster doll, but I wanted to try it also for shoes.

This video is a more realistic view on how the doll shoe projects often go. The tutorials before this one are about subjects I know really well, so things can look easy. Trying new things is always different.

Here is a photo of the shoes as they are now. I have a plan for the ankle straps and will make a video about that soon.