Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Manolo Blahnik copy

As I was thinking of making copies of Manolo Blahnik shoes for a doll, I was thinking about high heels, but I ended up making something else instead.

The original shoe looks like this:

I used brown leather for the doll shoes as there was enough of it and I also had matching satin for the inside.

The pattern for the upper was easy to make by modifying a previous pattern.

After I had glued the upper in place, I glued satin to the inside parts that would remain visible and fixed them into the correct shape with adhesive tape while the glue hadn't dried yet.

When the glue was dry, I removed the tape and cut off extra fabric. The parts remained in the desired shape well enough.

Here are the finished shoes in plaster castings of the doll's feet.

For the Finnish post, see here.

No comments: