Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Drawing and designing shoes

I don't draw any of the shoes I make, I just picture them in my head and then make them. The reason is simple: I can't really draw and it would take too much time to get anything useful on paper. However, the shoemaker in the next video certainly knows how to draw.

The drawings are the best part of this video, although making a pattern using adhesive tape was also interesting. I might try that, but I think the plaster castings wouldn't like the cutting stage. Maybe if I removed the tape after drawing the lines and then cut the pattern.

1 comment:

Angel said...

That was amazing. I really like the idea of using the tape to make a pattern. I have so many different dolls with different feet that would be really useful.
Thanks for posting this.